The Loop - Northern California Campus Newsletter
Week of 5/23/2016
To celebrate its fifty-seven years in Mill Valley, the NCC library will waive late charges for all items returned between now and May 23.
We will also waive the $20.00 processing charge associated with replacing lost books, if the actual replace cost is paid by May 23. Thank you to all students who have returned books on time, have paid their late charges promptly, or have accepted their responsibility for lost books over these last fifty-seven years. FINE PRINT: Other types of library charges continue. Current charges for overdue material will continue to accumulate during this period. Both new and old unpaid charges will again be collected beginning May 24. Do not plan on this happening again within the next fifty-seven years.
Vision Scholarship Award
- The purpose of the Vision Scholarship Award is to foster and develop spiritual leaders for the second generation of Korean - Americans by providing scholarship until graduation to those with vision of serving youth ministry and attending seminary school in 2016. Details can be found at www.arumdaunchurch.org/visionscholarship.
- Global Mission Church in Greater Washington is offering scholarships for Korean-American seminary students. Applicants must be a full time student who has completed at least one semester of seminary. Please contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and the application.
An Oral History of the GGBTS Campus Relocation, Asking for Volunteers:
Adam Christman and Jonathan McCormick are currently in the process of recording interviews with students, staff, and faculty, past and present. The purpose is to record the history of the campus relocation as it happens. If you are connected to GGBTS now or have been in the past, please contact us to make an appointment to talk about your history with the seminary, your thoughts on the campus relocation, and your hopes for the seminary’s future. Contact: email@example.com.
Do you need a transcript for the months after graduation?
Transcripts will not be sent out between June 3 and July 4. We will resume sending them out on July 5. If you anticipate needing an official transcript during that time make sure to order it prior to June 3. Orders placed after June 3 will be mailed out when the Seminary offices reopen on July 5.
Golden Gate Celebration Photo Book
- The celebration photo books that were announced at last week's President's Convocation are still available for purchase through the Student Services Office, room 105 of the Administration Bldg. Cost per book is $20.00. Get yours today! For more information please contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving Community Church is looking for a Part time Youth Pastor:
Will be working in a Korean-American church with about 4-5 middle school/high school kids and will be responsible for leading Sunday Services and Saturday night bible studies twice a month. If interested, please contact John Park at email@example.com or 916-934-8682.
Eastmont Baptist Church in East Wenatchee, Washington is searching for the man God desires to be their next pastor.
More information about the church can be found at www.eastmontbaptist.org. Individuals who are qualified and interested should send a cover letter, resume, references and preaching media examples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through June 15, 2016.
Desert Springs Church, Hesperia, CA is looking for a part time youth/pastoral intern.
Job includes helping to create and run the church's youth program as well as assist the pastoral staff in other areas of ministry. For more information on job and compensation, please call Ben Pate at 760-623-6082 or email at email@example.com. Desert Springs Church is located 35-40 minutes away from the new GGBTS campus in Ontario.
Hillview Baptist Church in Union City, CA
is looking for a part-time worship leader. If you are interested, please call (510) 324-6575.
Lincoln Hill Community Church in San Rafael
is seeking a part-time Office Administrator (12-15 hours/week). This administrative position includes secretarial duties as well as basic accounting (accounts receivable, payable, tithing records). A ministry mindset, computer skills (Microsoft Office, QuickBooks) and previous experience working in an office are preferred. Contact Pastor Miguel Rodriguez for more information or to submit your résumé. firstname.lastname@example.org 415-454-6618
Emmanuel Baptist Church, San Jose, is seeking a part time Director of Children and Youth.
This person will be responsible for the development, facilitation and execution of long term visioning of our children and youth ministry. The ideal candidate will have a strong personal faith; a passion and enthusiasm for children and youth; already have or be in pursuit of a seminary degree; and five years of related experience leading a children and youth ministry. Must also have strong administrative and computer skills. Complete job description available. For questions, call the church at (408) 2721360 ext. 108 or send resumes to: Emmanuel Baptist Church, Attention Larry Childress, 467 N. White Rd., San Jose, CA 95127.
Jakarta International Baptist Church (JIBC)
in Jakarta, Indonesia is searching for a Full-time Associate Pastor, specifically in music and youth ministries. JIBC is a Baptist Church with 150 to 250 attending worship. For more information, contact Peter Randall at email@example.com.
Lucas Valley Community Church of San Rafael
is prayerfully seeking a Bass Player / Multi-Instrumentalist for our Worship and Praise Band at L.V.C.C. Please call Worship team co-leader Durbin Downey at (415) 706-2563.
Living Stone Ministries of Daly City is prayerfully seeking a drummer
who is grounded in discipleship and the Word of God. Please contact Pastor Bob Eusebio II at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Faith Baptist Church of Alameda is searching for a Youth Minister.
If interested, please contact Pastor Taekhui Han. This position is also posted on the GGBTS Ministry Board (Password: ralph).
GGBTS does not endorse any commercial business, social agency, institution, or enterprise.
If you would like to subscribe to the email version of this weekly newsletter, please send an email to email@example.com.
THE LOOP SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• Send submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline for submissions is Thursdays at 5:00 PM.
• Be succinct. Each submission should be no more than 3-4 sentences.
• Send each item in a separate email.
• Include contact information and links.
• No attachments will be included.
• Submissions published at discretion of Golden Gate Seminary.
• Submissions may be edited.
• Submissions will be listed for two weeks and may be renewed upon request.
• Submissions are included in an emailed format as well as the listing above.
• Submissions will have priority for inclusion based on the date and time they were received.