Golden Gate's online program is an initiative undertaken by the Seminary to “shape leaders who expand God's kingdom around the world." This program offers online courses that are 100% internet-based with no required campus time.This allows you to work toward your degree at your convenience from anywhere in the world.
The Online Master of Theological Studies is dually accredited to offer all 49 hours
completely via the Internet with no on-campus time required. You may elect to take some courses on one of the five physical campuses of Golden Gate, but are not required to do so.
Here are our online courses.
You may take online classes through our online program for up to 66%
of the course requirements for the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Educational Leadership, Master of Arts in Intercultural Ministry, or the Master of Missiology. Classes not available online are routinely scheduled as January or summer one-week courses in intensive formats conducive to serving the needs of online students at the Northern California and Southern California campuses.
How the online program works:
- Students must apply for admission to the Seminary
- Request a transfer of graduate credit to your degree program from any accredited program elsewhere
- Minimum of 27 credit hours must be taken through Golden Gate Seminary (through Online Programs and/or a physical campus) in order to receive a degree from Golden Gate Seminary
- Instructors are often full-time Seminary faculty
- Online courses are interactive and intensive offerings that harness diverse internet tools for effective learning
Dr. Rick Durst, the director of Online Education or the Online Program Administrative Assistant at The Office of Online Education.
Select this as my default campus.