RENEW (Women's Ministry at NCC)
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2
RENEW serves to link women students, student wives and staff/faculty women together to develop opportunities for spiritual growth, personal maturity, co-curricular learning, ministry leadership, academic support and mutual encouragement.
This ministry also seeks to apply timeless biblical principles specific to (1) contemporary women’s issues; (2) unique challenges and opportunities women face in the church; (3) calling and roles in ministry; (4) past wounds and (5) future choices. Dedicated professionals and volunteer leaders offer female advocacy and nurture through women’s mentoring, fellowship, instruction, spiritual direction and many other venues. It also provides opportunities for our women to initiate and participate in ministry events and projects.
The major areas of focus of RENEW include:
Student Wives Fellowship (SWF)
- Providing friendship, discipleship, advocacy and prayer support
- Developing a network of volunteers to share with, or mentor women students or student wives
- Presenting relationship opportunities through events unique to women graduate students
- Offering marriage enrichment opportunities through Spouse Orientation events, Partners in Ministry Training (PMT) classes, couples Bible studies, and Student Wives Fellowship (SWF)
- Promoting small group Bible studies and prayer groups, including second language groups
- Nurturing student, faculty and staff families through recognition and celebration of birthdays, births, engagements and weddings, as well as community care to those in crisis
- Coordinating new ministries initiated by needs or interests of students and student spouses
- Developing relationships with denominational offices and other professional ministry leaders
- Establishing venues for Seminary women to interact with a variety of leaders to form their own personal ministry networks
The is an organization within GGBTS’ RENEW includes all married women students and wives of students. It provides a network of communication and activities that support wives and moms during their seminary journey. Each semester RENEW invites current married students and student wives to participate on the SWF leadership team to plan activities or ways to accomplish some of the following goals:
• Maintain Facebook page
, GGBTS RENEW
• Foster friendships and family support systems with married and single women
• Plan events for fun and enjoyment
• Promote women’s Bible study, discipleship and prayer groups
• Provide spiritual encouragement and prayer support
• Develop leadership skills
• Network with women leaders
• Assist GGBTS families in times of celebration, hardship or every day events
“Let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds” NASB Hebrews 10: 24
Women Students Fellowship (WSF)
The Women Students Fellowship is an organization for fellowship, encouragement, and support for all women students on campus whether married or single. In addition to many Campus Life Association (CLA) activities, RENEW is available to assist in activities and networking for women students to connect them with Women Mentors (see Women’s Mentoring Program
), interact with student families, and fellowship with one another.
Faculty/Staff Wives Fellowship
This organization of Faculty and Staff Women and Wives is led by Ann Iorg, GGBTS President’s wife, and provides opportunities for their fellowship and ministry which often includes mentoring and helping the Women Students Fellowship, and the Student Wives Fellowship. One of their favorite care ministries is the Children’s Christmas Store where they provides beautifully wrapped Christmas presents for entire GGBTS families.